A few months ago, we announced our subdomain service Your-Project.Recommender-Systems.com. Now, we extend the service and additionally offer fully-featured webspace. The service is free and includes:
- Up to 1 GB webspace for your website (not for downloads though)
- PHP (you can choose the version of PHP)
- 1 MySQL database
- Sub-Sub domains like code.your-project.recommender-system.com, help.your-project.recommender-system.com …
- Emails (POP3, IMAP, or forwarding)
- Mailing Lists (Majordomo)
- Pre-installed software (e.g. WordPress, Joomla!, TYPO3)
- Web-Admin interface
Please note, if you want to use this service, you need a full ‘imprint’ on your web page, disclosing your full name and address to allow visitors to see who is responsible for the website (i.e. allow them to see that Recommender-Systems.com is not responsible for the content).
Read here for more details.
A subdomain is a domain that is part of a larger domain. For example, “subdomain.example.com” is a subdomain of the domain “example.com”. Subdomain forwarding service is a service that redirects a subdomain to a different URL. This can be useful for creating a shorter or more memorable URL for a website, or for redirecting traffic from an old website to a new one.
Having a short and unique domain is important for a website owner because it can make it easier for people to remember the URL and find the website. Additionally, search engines may give more weight to short and unique domain names when ranking websites in search results. This can help increase visibility for the website and make it more likely to be found by potential visitors.